Course introductions, the context of program planning and evaluation, the evidence basis for public health programs
• Articulate the cycle of planning and evaluation.
• Discuss the relevance of the public health pyramid and the socioecological model to health program planning and evaluation.
• Articulate the importance of utilizing evidence-based approaches to public health and identify key resources for evidence-based intervention development.
• Identify and utilize resources for evidence-based public health interventions, including but not limited to the Community Guide to Preventive Services.
• Describe the value of engaging stakeholders in the health planning process.
• Textbook Chapters 1, 2, and 3 (Issel LM. Health program planning and evaluation. 3rd ed. Sudbury, MA: Jones and Bartlett Publishers, 2013. (ISBN: 978-1-2840-2104-2) ) https://books.google.com/books?id=l3_JwXbBjzsC&pg=PA483&lpg=PA483&dq=health+program+planning+and+evaluation+a+practical+systematic+approach+for+community+health+pdf&source=bl&ots=Gu1ObJOETX&sig=3APTuL6PqTLTKrys01mMP1uFk74&hl=en&sa=X&ei=Ta33VLHnHIq1sQTbn4KwBQ&ved=0CDoQ6AEwBg#v=onepage&q=health%20program%20planning%20and%20evaluation%20a%20practical%20systematic%20approach%20for%20community%20health%20pdf&f=false
• The Community Guide to Preventive Services: http://www.thecommunityguide.org/index.html
• America’s Health Rankings: http://www.americashealthrankings.org/
• County Health Rankings: http://www.countyhealthrankings.org/
• CDC Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System: http://www.cdc.gov/brfss/
• Jacobs JA, Jones E, Gabella BA, Spring B, Brownson RC. Tools for Implementing an Evidence-Based Approach in Public Health Practice. Prev Chronic Dis 2012;9:110324: http://www.cdc.gov/pcd/issues/2012/11_0324.htm
Lectures & Videos:
• See audio lecture or lecture slide (I tried to attach the slides pdf file, but it kept failing. I don’t know why, maybe it’s big size? But it’s only 3.58 MB. Can I email you? ) ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aBHFMEmtSQ&feature=youtu.be )
• Needs Assessment, Program Planning, and Priority Population – Engaging Stakeholders in Planning: ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBa7hSe8IOM )
Written Assignment 1:
Each student will select a public health issue and a setting/location (geographic- community or county), for which the course project will be developed. Please note, a geographic setting such as community will also include several “channel” settings (school, community, worksite, policy combined). The issue must be one identified on one of the websites above, with emphasis on the Community Guide to Preventive Services. (so I want you to choose the issue of obesity in either Texas or New York if it is identified on one of the websites above. Check please.)
For the purposes of this assignment, please use a community or county, and if possible, one where you live or work (Texas), or where you may be able to get local data. This will become more evident as you complete the community assessment process in the next week. (This is first step for following 4 more papers which will be all related.) Discuss the public health issue, and the specific geography you have selected. What stakeholders may be interested or involved in planning a public health intervention?
(so, I want to work with you not only this paper but also next 4 more papers. That’s why I want you to write the issue that has lots of information and data that you can refer. I think that is the obesity as one of the recent big health concerns. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me!)
Place this order with us and get 18% discount now! to earn your discount enter this code: summer17 If you need assistance chat with us now by clicking the live chat button.