1. Discuss the specific importance of derived demand for shipping markets. Support your answer with examples.
2. Put yourself in the role of a liner operator. What general considerations should be taken in mind in order to efficiently run your business?
3. Leadership has been characterized as the process of inspiring other to work hard toward accomplishing crucial tasks. Lack of leadership often leads company failures and the disappearance of long-lived companies. Within this context, discuss the areas where the display of leadership is of paramount importance in a shipping company
4. The need for quality in the provision of shipping services is an issue that attracts an increasingly level of attention. Discuss a mechanism / procedure for the implementation of Quality Control in Shipping Company and analyse the ISM Code requirements.
1. Explain the elements of a legally binding agreement.
2. Explain the main distinctions between litigation and arbitration. In which case or cases would you advice a ship owner to choose arbitration?
3. Evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of hiring a ship management company and discuss the criteria for selecting one, using examples from the current shipping market.
4. Discuss the need of operators to conduct effective time management, along with human resources management, giving appropriate examples.
1. A regulation refers to a specific requirement that can take on various forms. Choose a regulation and explain its purpose and workings.
2. Discuss the role of classification societies in the regulating system.
3. State and briefly explain the main clauses of marine policies
4. Analyse the principal risks to which a cargo risk can be exposed and further explain what is meant by perils of the sea.