Visit the web site Select Smart http://selectsmart.com/politics.html , under quiz topics click on “Politics”, then click on “Most Comprehensive Political Selector” by Robert LeMichael Carter, Jr. (you will have to scroll through the various quizzes to find it) and take the political party questionnaire and print out the rankings. (Select “Click to See Your Results” at the top of the website to skip the advertising). Next, find the web site of the party listed at the top of your rankings (the one you are most in agreement with) and explore their most recent party platform. I have included a list of links to the party web sites below. Please note that occasionally the sites are sometimes temporily unavailable, therefore you may have to research the web to obtain the information needed for your paper.
Reform Party http://www.reformparty.org/
U.S. Taxpayers Party http://www.ustaxpayers.org/
Natural Law Party http://www.naturallawparty.org/
Green Party http://www.greenparty.org/index.php
Identify the key issues of the party.
Write a paper discussing your findings and what you learned about the party. What does the party believe? Where does the party stand on specific political issues? Visit the web site of two of the other parties and compare and contrast their political beliefs and party goals on specific political issues with those of the party at the top of your rankings? Summarize your findings and conclusions in a well written paper. Requirements for the paper are as follows. (Please note that papers not submitted in the following format will not be accepted and a zero for the assignment will result).
1. Read and understand the information provided concerning plagarism. (see course menu button “Plagarism Statement”). Read the Plagiarism Statement carefully. Papers that contain any element of plagiarism, including taking the words or ideas of another without citing the source directly within the text of the paper will not be counted for credit and will result in being administratively dropped from the course with a grade of ‘F’ and subject to disciplinary action, which may include suspension and expulsion.
2. Write a minimum four page double spaced paper. (The four pages do not include the cover sheet and works cited page).
3. Papers must have a title page, including the instructor’s name, course number, date, title of the paper, and student’s name.
4. This assignment must be created as a Microsoft Word document in Times New Roman 12 point font and uploaded as a file through this assignment module.
5. Your paper must be properly documented and composed according to the MLA format/style. This includes parenthetical notes within the text of the paper and a works cited page at the end of the paper. (The Owl Writing link in the “external links” portion of the course provides more information about MLA if needed).
6. The paper must be submitted in the correct order of assignment as specified in the syllabus.