BBA3361 Columbia Southern University Professionalism in the Workplace Paper This assignment provides you with an opportunity to critique interview techniques by answering a series of questions within the assignment template. Unit VI Assignment
Instructions: This assignment involves answering a series of questions, and each question provides you
with an opportunity to accomplish the following course learning outcome:
8. Critique interview techniques.
Be sure to answer each question, save all of your work in this template, and submit it in Blackboard for
1. After answering the last question, Jason said thank you and the interview was over. Briefly describe
one or more techniques that Jason could have used to improve the conclusion of his interview. Your
response should be at least 75 words.
2. Danielle was interviewing for a position, and the interviewer asked for her salary requirements. As
Danielle was not expecting to hear that question, she mumbled for a minute before eventually saying
$40,000.00, which is low for someone with her experience. Briefly describe one or more techniques that
Danielle could have used to improve her response to the salary-expectations question. Also, how does a
response to the salary expectations impact salary negotiations? Your response should be at least 75 words.
3. Tanya was in an interview, and she was shocked to discover how one of the organization’s core
services involves performing tasks that directly conflict with Tanya’s beliefs and principles. After
discovering this information during the interview, Tanya immediately realized that she could not work for
this organization. To prevent wasting time with an unnecessary interview, what type of interviewpreparation technique could Tanya have used? What are the advantages of using techniques to prepare for
an interview? Your response should be at least 50 words.
4. While in an interview, Tom was asked to describe his professional experience with his current and
previous employers. During his descriptions, Tom occasionally included a few negative comments about
his current and previous employers. How can negative comments impact a job interview? Your response
should be at least 50 words.
5. According to the textbook, there is a right and wrong way to respond to yes-or-no questions during an
interview. During an interview, how would you respond to the following question: Have you ever worked
for a company that generates revenue through e-commerce? Your response should be at least 50 words.
6. This question involves closing an interview. Near or at the end of an interview, you may be asked if
you have any questions. Not responding may imply you are not interested, and a probing question about
the company may imply you did not research the company. For this essay, respond to the importance of
closing the interview on a positive note and share an example of a closing interview statement (your
personal commercial). Your response must be at least 250 words in length.
Page 1 of 1
Purchase answer to see full