ENG101 Los Angeles Pierce Martin Luther King I Have a Dream Speech Paper -MLA Format
-No grammatical or spelling errors
– must be 5 paragraphs with well written thesis
-include 2 additional sources
-Will tip well if completed as stated above! Rhetorical Analysis Essay Prompt
Goals of this Assignment:
• To review a persuasive advertisement and formulate a well-written rhetorical analysis.
• To continue practicing your writing
• To practice expanding and extending your written ideas using your schema (prior knowledge)
Please choose ONE of the following to analyze.
1. An advertisement of your choice
2. Martin Luther King’s – “I Have a Dream”
3. The Inaugural Address of Former President Barack Obama
Decide which persuasive angle (ethos, pathos, logos) the artifact that you chose to review
is expressing. Then, write a 5 paragraph essay defending your claim.
Your paper should include the following information:
• An introduction (1 paragraph- which includes a clear thesis statement), a body (3
paragraphs), and a conclusion (1 paragraph).
• The three required items (above). You get to decide how to organize this material.
• Specific examples from the class discussion and/or your experience that support, clarify,
illustrate, and/or defend your
• Include 2 additional sources
• Works Cited
Final Draft: 50 pts
§ Length: Minimum of 5 paragraphs
§ Please type and double space your essay. Be sure to include your name and class number.
§ This essay must be in MLA format.
Purchase answer to see full