Media play a very large role in both the development and the perpetuation of cultural elements. You may never have watched a foreign movie or even clips evaluating other cultures. In this assignment, you will explore online videos or movies from a culture of your choice and analyze how cultural elements are presented, compared to your own culture. ( choose Somali or Arab culture).
Complete the following:
• Choose a world culture you are not familiar with.
• Identify two–three online videos or movies representative of this culture. These could be examples of cultural expressions such as a Bollywood movie from India or anime videos from japan.
Evaluate two hours of such a video. Using the readings for this module, the argosy university online library resources, and the internet, research articles about your selected culture.
• Select a scholarly article that analyzes the same culture presented in the videos you have observed.
• Write a paper describing the cultural differences you have observed in the video. How are these observations supported by the research article?
Be sure to include the following:
• Describe the videos you have watched.
• Explain the main points of the videos.
• Examine what stood out about the culture.
• Compare and contrast the similarities and differences of this culture with your own.
• Examine the ways of this culture. Is it one you would want to visit or live in?
• Would you experience culture shock if you immersed yourself in this culture? Why or why not?
Support your statements with examples and scholarly references.
Write a 3-page paper in word format. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
Assignment 2 grading criteria Maximum points
Analyzed how a world culture is represented in a video or movie. 36
Selected a scholarly article related to the observed culture and compared the observations of the video or movie with the findings of the article describing the cultural differences. 44
Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation. 20
Place this order with us and get 18% discount now! to earn your discount enter this code: summer17 If you need assistance chat with us now by clicking the live chat button.