Program for a multi-cultural and economically diverse population in a community- based setting
This Assignment has two parts.
Part 1 of the Assignment should be 2 pages in length, written in
essay format .
Based upon the target population and health priorities you identified in Unit 2(****DESIGN A Health and wellness program for a multi-cultural and economically diverse population in a community- based setting)****
1. Write a mission statement reflecting the philosophy of your program. The mission
statement should clearly identify the target population, purpose, and scope of the
2. Explain the rationale for your mission statement that refers to the needs
3. Write 2-3 goals for the program; include a discussion of how these goals reflect
the priorities identified in the needs assessment
4. Write program objectives based upon the eight levels of program objectives
described in the text (see (pp. 168 – 169). Write at least one objective to
demonstrate each level of objective, for a total of at least eight objectives. If anyof your example objectives are not within the overall scope of the program you
are developing, please identify them and provide a brief explanation. The
objectives may be written in a list or table.
5. Provide references to support the mission statement, goals, and objectives you
***THE 8 OBJECTIVES THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED PER PART1 #4 QUESTION:
Because program objectives reflect the variety of changes that the program is attempting to accomplish, it is useful when planning a program to reflect the hierarchy of objectives related to the target group. In the following hierarchy of levels of objectives (Keyser, Morrow, Doyle, Ogletree & Parsons, 1997), the lower the number assigned to the objective, the easier it is considered to be to create the change. In most cases, lower level objectives have to be met before higher level or more difficult ones can be attained.
1. Awareness objective: demonstrates the desire to increase the target population’s awareness of a health issue or health concern
2. Knowledge objective: demonstrates the desire to increase the target population’s knowledge of a health issue or health concern
3. Attitude objective: demonstrates the desire to produce a positive change in the target population’s attitude(s) toward engaging in the health-enhancing behavior or dealing with the health concern
4. Skill development objective: demonstrates the desire to assist the target population in developing a health skill to engage in the health-enhancing behavior
5. Access objective: demonstrates the desire to increase the access or availability of health services for the target population
6. Behavior objective: demonstrates the desire to change an unhealthy behavior in the target population to a health-enhancing behavior
7. Risk reduction objective: demonstrates the desire to reduce or eliminate risk factors for the target population (i.e., such as factors that would put one at risk for substance abuse)
8. Health status objective: demonstrates the desire to improve the health status of the target population.
Part 2 of the Assignment should be approximately 2 pages in length, written in essay format.
Based upon the mission statement, goals, and objectives you developed for your
program in Part 1 of the Assignment, address the following:
1. Identify and describe a potential grant-funding source for your program.
2. Describe the source of the funding, including the name of the sponsoring agency
or organization, funding amount, and timeframe.
3. Describe the purpose of the funding and the requirements for eligibility. Include
the reference(s) to the funding announcement.
4. Explain why your program would be a viable candidate to receive this funding.
5. Create a sample program budget that includes an
estimate of the total cost of the program and several budget line items. This
portion of the assignment may be completed in list or table form.
6. Create a simple logic model for your program based upon the program goals and
objectives you developed in Part 1 of this Assignment.This portion of the Assignment should be
completed in the form of a table or flow chart.
7. Write approximately 1 -2 paragraphs describing the logic model you created. Use
this description as a space to explain any underlying assumptions or context that
is important to your program.
Place this order with us and get 18% discount now! to earn your discount enter this code: special18 If you need assistance chat with us now by clicking the live chat button.